Consultation Terms and Conditions
We try our hardest to be flexible with our clients as we're aware of the difficulties of life with young children. Appointments can cancelled and refunded in full as long as we have over 7 days notice. After that time, and as long as we have 24 hours notice, appointments can be re-scheduled but not refunded. If we receive less than 24 hours notice or no notice, unfortunately no refund can be given and the appointment can be only re booked at extra cost. Please contact us as we will act with kindness and discretion on a case by case basis as to what this cost will be.
Hire Terms and Conditions
We hope you enjoy your time with the carrier: Here are just a few Terms and Conditions that you agree to follow when taking out the hire:
1) Carrying Safety is of the highest importance. Please read our Carrying Safety page here before using a hired carrier. The T.I.C.K.S guidelines must be followed at all times – these can be found here.
2) The link below has instructions and videos for your hire carrier. Please make sure you are familiar with the instructions before using the carrier, that your child is the correct age and weight for the carrier, and that the carrier has been adjusted accordingly. If your carrier's instructions are not there for some reason please contact us for them before use.
If you have any concerns about the safety of your hired carrier, or the correct positioning of your child, please do not use the carrier and contact Close and Calm before use.
Remember your hire comes with a complementary virtual fit check - please get in touch to book your slot.
3) It is your responsibility to ensure you are familiar with the instructions and use the carrier correctly once you have hired it, and we cannot accept any liability for anything that happens from you not using the carrier correctly.
4) Please note most manufacturers do not endorse exercising with a carrier and so we cannot permit that either.
5) Do not wash the Carrier – Carriers can be damaged by machine washing / incorrect washing powder – I will take care of that. If you have a disastrous incident requiring cleaning – please contact me for care instructions.
6) Smoking is not permitted around the carrier. Carriers returned smelling of smoke will be invoiced for the full retail value.
7) The carrier must be returned on or before the end of hire date given to you. If it is not received by this date you will be invoiced for the full retail value of the carrier. Please contact me if you foresee this being an issue.
8) All carriers are inspected before being sent out, and must be returned in the same condition. Any damages made by you resulting in loss of safety / value will be invoiced at the retail value of the carrier.
9) Hire Agreements are for a maximum of 3 months, after which time a new agreement must be entered into (in accordance with FCA guidance).
11) Hires cannot be passed on to other people to try out, as they may not have agreed to the terms and conditions or seen the safety information.
Have fun and enjoy having your baby Close and Calm :)
By initialling here you agree to these terms and conditions, and data usage.
Refund / Cancellation Policy.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase - If you want to return/exchange an item, then just notify us within 14 days of receipt by email and you then have up to 14 days to return the item/s. However, this does not apply to products which are made to order or personalised - these cannot be returned unless faulty.
All items returned must be suitable for resale - unused/unwashed with tags intact and the product presented in the original box with manual intact and undamaged. Carriers will be inspected for dribble marks. Unless faulty, you will be responsible for the cost of return postage .
Upon receipt of the returned item we will issue a full refund for the cost of the item, to the credit/debit card or PayPal account used for the original purchase transaction.
We politely recommend you obtain proof of posting for all returns/exchanges.
NB: We cannot refund or credit worn/washed goods unless faulty. Please be certain of your choice before washing or using.
Please contact us before returning any item.
Standard Cancellation Form
This form can be used when cancelling orders under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“Consumer Regulations”). You are under no obligation to use this form, a notification via email or letter is also accepted.
Please contact us via email before returning any items
Returns to: Close and Calm
c/o Malcolm House, Malcolm Road
I/We hereby give notice that I/we cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods/ for the supply of the following service:
Name of Consumer(s)
Address of Consumer(s)
Signed (you are only required to sign if returning by post)