Consultation, Hire and Baby Carrying Class Terms and Conditions
We try our hardest to be flexible with our clients as we're aware of the difficulties of life with young children. Appointments can cancelled and refunded in full as long as we have over 7 days notice. After that time, and as long as we have 24 hours notice, appointments can be re-scheduled but not refunded. If we receive less than 24 hours notice or no notice, unfortunately no refund can be given and the appointment can be only re booked at extra cost. Please contact us as we will act with kindness and discretion on a case by case basis as to what this cost will be.
Close and Calm does not offer any medical advice and our baby carrying professionals are not medically trained. If you or your little one has any medical conditions please have a conversation with your healthcare professional regarding carrying before your hire / appointment / class.
While we make every effort to teach so that that you learn and understand, baby carrying is a continuous skill to be developed, that needs regular practice and adjustments as your little one grows. If you are unsure of something or struggling to remember after an appointment, do get in touch and we will do our best to help, either via email or call, or extra sessions can be arranged if needed and will be charged at the usual rate.
Hire Terms and Conditions:
We hope you enjoy your time with the carrier: Here are the Terms and Conditions that you agree to follow when taking out the hire:
1) Carrying Safety is of the highest importance. Please read our Carrying Safety page here before using a hired carrier. The T.I.C.K.S guidelines must be followed at all times – these can be found here.
2) The link below has instructions and videos for your hire carrier. Please make sure you are familiar with the instructions before using the carrier, that your child is the correct age and weight for the carrier, and that the carrier has been adjusted accordingly. If your carrier's instructions are not there for some reason please contact us for them before use.
If you have any concerns about the safety of your hired carrier, or the correct positioning of your child, please do not use the carrier and contact Close and Calm before use.
Remember your hire comes with a complementary virtual fit check - please get in touch to book your slot.
3) It is your responsibility to ensure you are familiar with the instructions and use the carrier correctly once you have hired it, and we cannot accept any liability for anything that happens from you not using the carrier correctly.
4) If your baby was of low birth weight or premature, or if you or your little one have any medical conditions, please seek the advice of a healthcare professional before using a carrier.
5) Please note most manufacturers do not endorse exercising with a carrier and so we cannot permit that either.
6) Do not wash the Carrier – Carriers can be damaged by incorrect machine washing or incorrect washing products – Close and Calm will take care of that. If you have a disastrous incident requiring cleaning – please contact us for care instructions. If you have allergies and need to know which washing products are used, please get in touch before use.
7) Smoking is not permitted around the carrier. Carriers returned smelling of smoke will be invoiced for the full retail value.
8) The carrier must be returned on or before the end of hire date given to you. If it is not received by this date you will be invoiced for the full retail value of the carrier. Please contact me if you foresee this being an issue.
9) Please inspect the carrier before use. All carriers are also inspected by us before being sent out, and must be returned in the same condition. Any damages made by you resulting in loss of safety / value will be invoiced at the retail value of the carrier.
10) Hire agreements are for 4 weeks, after which time the carrier must be returned. If you wish to hire a from Close and Calm again, a new hire agreement must be entered into. No hire agreement can exceed 80 days (in accordance with FCA guidance).
12) Hires cannot be passed on to other people to try out, as they may not have agreed to the terms and conditions or seen the safety information.
Have fun and enjoy having your baby Close and Calm :)
By booking a hire you agree to these terms and conditions, and data usage.
Baby Carrying Walk Terms and Agreement:
Information for attendees - TECA walk (Bucksburn)
Please read through this and only come if you are happy with the description and agree to follow the instructions below:
We have tried to make this walk as safe as possible by doing a risk assessment of the route. It is a quiet route with ramps available throughout and only two roads to cross - one with traffic lights, one with a Zebra crossing. There are plenty of open spaces, however there is a little stream running through it so please be mindful of this, and if you have children who can walk, advise and monitor them too. We estimate the walk will take an hour, you may leave at any time but do let us know if you leave early. We reserve the right to ask a walker to leave the walk if they are displaying symptoms that could be related to Coronavirus or are putting others at risk by not following physical distancing guidelines. There are no public toilets in the vicinity. There may be dog walkers, cyclists and other walkers. Please be mindful of maintaining a safe distance at all times.
By booking this walk and taking part, you are agreeing the following:
You won’t take part in the walk if you should be self-isolating, have been overseas and are required to quarantine in the past 14 days or are displaying symptoms that could be signs of the Coronavirus (according to Scottish Government’s most recent guidance).
Your details will be stored for Track and Traces Purposes and used in this way if deemed necessary.
You will only walk if you are fit and well enough. If you have any concerns about your ability to participate in the walk, you’ll talk to a health professional before attending. You’ll tell Close and Calm if you feel unwell while out on the walk or if you are leaving the walk before it has ended.
Social Distancing as per government guidelines must be adhered to. You do not have to wear a mask outdoors while social distancing, but may do so if you wish.
You’ll cover your nose and mouth if you need to cough or sneeze and will put used tissues in a bin.
You’ll use hand gel or wash your hands as soon as you get home.
If you develop Coronavirus symptoms following the walk, you’ll notify Test and Protect teams of your contact with the group and pass on details of the Close and Calm.
You are responsible for your little one, including correctly carrying them. If you have any concerns about how to use your carrier correctly, read the manufacturer’s instructions and then if still unsure seek advice from Close and Calm in advance.
Refund / Cancellation Policy.
We want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase - If you want to return/exchange an item, then just notify us within 14 days of receipt by email and you then have up to 14 days to return the item/s. However, this does not apply to products which are made to order or personalised - these cannot be returned unless faulty.
All items returned must be suitable for resale - unused/unwashed with tags intact and the product presented in the original box with manual intact and undamaged. Carriers will be inspected for dribble marks. Unless faulty, you will be responsible for the cost of return postage .
Upon receipt of the returned item we will issue a full refund for the cost of the item, to the credit/debit card or PayPal account used for the original purchase transaction.
We politely recommend you obtain proof of posting for all returns/exchanges.
NB: We cannot refund or credit worn/washed goods unless faulty. Please be certain of your choice before washing or using.
Please contact us before returning any item.
Standard Cancellation Form
This form can be used when cancelling orders under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (“Consumer Regulations”). You are under no obligation to use this form, a notification via email or letter is also accepted.
Please contact us via email before returning any items
Returns to: Close and Calm
c/o Malcolm House, Malcolm Road
I/We hereby give notice that I/we cancel my/our contract of sale of the following goods/ for the supply of the following service:
Name of Consumer(s)
Address of Consumer(s)
Signed (you are only required to sign if returning by post)